Donation guidelines are strict. Appliances must be complete and in 100% working order. Dishwashers must be less than 5 years old, and all other appliances less than 10 . Other items must be in good shape, and in usable sizes. For example, pipe must be at least 5′ in length. Plywood and sheetrock must be at least 1/2 sheets; lumber in full lengths. For details on the guidelines, see below.Your contributions are welcome. . . and needed. Pickup of items is available, and every donation helps toward providing adequate housing to those in need. Staffed by volunteers and limited paid staff, the ReStore is at 103 Business Dr.. To make a donation, drop it by the store, or call the ReStore at (830) 367-4020 to arrange for pickup. The ReStore is open Thursday through Saturday, 9am to 4pm. We can also schedule a free pickup of your items. Simply click the button below and fill out the form.
- We accept dishwashers less than 5 years old, clean and in 100% working order. All other appliances 10 years old or less, must be clean and in 100% working order with no missing parts. If they do not work, will not accept them. Please include owners manuals if you have them, as they add value to your donation.
- We will take cabinets and hardware such as doors, drawers, shelving, display racks, etc.
- We accept doors if they are in GOOD condition only. They must not have holes, cracks, rot, etc.
- We accept electrical parts, wire, plugs, plates and the hardware associated with electrical wiring.
- We accept fans if they are complete and in working condition only.
- We DO NOT accept any carpet. We will accept vinyl flooring and tile if there is enough being donated for a floor or wall and are new in box.
- We accept furniture in good condition.
- We accept hardware for doors, cabinets, etc. Almost all types if it’s not rusty.
- We accept all light fixtures in working condition. No ballasts with PCB’s.
Lumber • Plywood • Sheetrock • Trim
- We accept full and 1/2 sheets of plywood. We accept full lengths of lumber. We will accept trim in smaller pieces, but not less than 4 feet long. Please, no rot or nails sticking out of lumber.
- Mirrors are accepted if framed and not chipped.
Paint • Wall Coverings
- We will take full containers of latex paint purchased from a paint store! NO LEFTOVERS! We cannot take toxic, hazardous substances, (i.e. pesticides, powders, paint thinners, or other chemicals). Wallpaper is taken in full-unopened rolls.
Pipe • PVC • Metal • Copper
- We accept 4′ and over of any type of pipe, and all supplies and fittings.
Plumbing • TUBS • SINKS • SHOWERS • COMMODES
- We accept tubs, sinks and vanities if they are in good condition, clean and not made of cast iron. We accept commodes only if they are in working condition and fully assembled. We will not take a dirty commode under any circumstance.
Roofing Material • Gutters • Canales
- We accept all types of roofing material such as rolled roofing material, tar, metal roofing, bundles of new shingles. We also accept roofing gutter/canale materials that are in full pieces and are not rusty, bent up or damaged.
- We accept all hand and power tools in working condition.
Windows • Screens
- We accept windows of all types if the glass is intact. Most windows will show use, even if they are newer. If they are casement type, we appreciate having the hardware and cranks.