Home Ownership Helps Everyone in Kerr County
- Home ownership holds substantial benefits and is the basis for a number of positive economic, family and civic outcomes.
- Studies show that home ownership boosts the educational performance of children, lowers crime rates and lessens welfare dependency, induces higher civic and volunteer participation and improves health care outcomes.
- Habitat home mortgages are interest free, which is less than standard rental fees in Kerrville.
- Statistics show that families with Habitat homes are followed by the second generation in a Habitat home. By the third generation, the family’s income will typically be too high to qualify for Habitat homes and the family will purchase their own home with a traditional mortgage.
- Affordable home ownership is an important step to breaking the cycle of poverty.
- Habitat home owners contribute to Kerr County’s Property Taxes.
“The impact Habitat has had on our lives has been outstanding. It has been a huge blessing to have been accepted into this program and given the opportunity to own a house. It gives us a new sense of pride in knowing that we are giving our son a healthier environment and happier life. Our family is very excited to join the Habitat community.”
Jason and Debbie Page